This week, I’m going back to the basics. When I first started this blog, I’m not sure if you remember, but I started a series of hair tutorials. Well, you guessed it, judging by the title of this post, I’m doing yet another hairstyle. This years fall fashion seems to be edging toward the simplicity and natural elegance this frothy time of year brings, and I think this hairstyle delivers just that. I hope you enjoy this hairstyle, and kickoff to a blog-post-filled-fall here at The Legally Brunette Blog!
To start off this hairstyle, you will need to make sure you have the following tools:
- 8-10 Bobby Pins
- Regular Hairbrush
- Smoothing Brush
Approximate Time: 10-15 minutes
TIP: DO NOT USE PRODUCT WHEN SMOOTHING/BRUSHING HAIR, THIS LOOK SHOULD BE AS NATURAL AS POSSIBLE!!
Steps To Achieve This Hairstyle:
- Thoroughly brush through hair so it’s as close to tangle-free as possible with a regular hair brush. Smooth through hair with smoothing brush.
- Create a deep side part on whichever side you prefer. Set aside the hair on the opposite side, as you will start the hairstyle where the deep part starts.
- Starting at the deep part, take two (2) sections of hair. Cross the left section over the right section. (The left and rights are assuming you are twisting from the right of her head to the left of her head.)
- Pick up another section of hair, and add it to the right section, which is now the left section. Cross the left section over the right section, and pick up another section of hair to add to the right section, which is now the left section.
- Repeat Step 4 until you are back to where you started, behind the deep part. Most likely, you will have a very long chunk of hair that you have no idea what to do with. Don’t you worry, I’ve got ya covered!
- Take your remaining chunk of hair, and divide it into two sections. With those two sections, twist! Just keep twisting the same direction you were before until you run out of hair. (Sing to yourself, “Just keep twisting, just keep twisting!”)
- Bobby pin that last free section of twisting behind the twist that started at the deep part. After that, bobby pin anything you see falling out, sagging down, etc.
- Enjoy your beautiful new hairstyle!
All right ladies and gents, that is all for the hairstyle, but I really do hope you enjoyed it! Be sure to leave a comment telling me what you thought of this hairstyle, or send a picture of some cute hairstyles you’ve been wearing or are planning to wear this fall. If you have any requests for future posts/ hairstyles, I am very open! Enjoy these first few days of fall, and I will be posting very soon!
Remember, this is a community of friendship and trust. If you decide to be a part of this journey on The Legally Brunette Blog, you have to be willing to trust, listen, care, grow, and not be afraid to show your silly side!!
-The Legally Brunette
Follow me on Pinterest: The Legally Brunette Blog (username: @TheLBblog)
Follow me on Polyvore: @thelegallybrunetteblog.